RE: SigningTime

1997-11-12 15:34:17
Blake,

It seems to me that it would be much simpler to have two separate
attributes: one for UTCTime and the other for GeneralizedTime.  This
strategy  allows the receiving application to quickly identify the flavor of
the signing time based on the OID identifying the attribute.  IMHO, the
ChoiceOfTime just adds complexity because the receiving agent has to figure
out which choice was chosen.

- John Pawling