RE: ESS-04 Comments

1998-03-16 10:06:15
At 08:08 AM 3/16/98 -0800, Jim Schaad (Exchange) wrote:
I would prefer not to have the version be imported if we are going to start
using the enumerated list of version information.  If that is the case then
I think that each draft should define its own version of version so that
only the version numbers pertaining to the structures in the draft can be
used.  I have no particular preference on either definition, just a
preference that if the second one is used it be done explicitly in the ESS
draft rather than importing from the CMS draft.

I'm not sure why you want us to redefine "Version" as an integer with
values of 1, 2, 3, and so on in each draft. Further, if someone compiles
all the modules together, their compiler should give them a warning (or
error!) that says Version is defined twice. That's why I'd like to just
import them from CMS, since ESS makes no sense without CMS.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium