Re: More on KEKIdentifiers, and a suggested addition to CMS

1999-03-16 11:57:33
I agree with this approach.  Otherwise I'd like to reserve the version
number 73, for X9.73 with CKM key management :-)

/ Rich

----------
From: ross(_at_)secstan <ross(_at_)secstan(_dot_)com>
To: ietf-smime(_at_)imc(_dot_)org; John Pawling <jsp(_at_)jgvandyke(_dot_)com>
Subject: Re: More on KEKIdentifiers, and a suggested addition to CMS
Date: Tuesday, March 16, 1999 12:11 PM

John,

If the choice includes an OID extension with an OCTET STRING, then the
one
pass ASN.1 decoding strategy on the entire object works OK. Correct?

If the implementation can support an OID extension will  it need to dig
deeper into the OCTETSTRING.  Implementations that do not support any OID
extension to the choice will just ignore it,  there should be no syntax
or
decoder failure.   The end result will be that envelopeData will decode
correctly.

So I favour adding the OID extension to the choice.

Regards

JR
.