Re: More on KEKIdentifiers, and a suggested addition to CMS

1999-03-12 12:02:53
All,

I disagree with adding "..." to the RecipientInfo CHOICE because I believe
that leads to non-interoperable S/MIME implementations.  I believe that the
CMS RecipientInfo syntax should not be changed until it is proven that it does
not meet a valid requirement ("valid" as defined by consensus of the S/MIME
WG).  If that occurs, then we should consider adding a well-defined syntax
as a ReceipientInfo CHOICE (not a wild card).

John Pawling,  Director - Systems Engineering
J.G. Van Dyke & Associates, Inc., a Wang Global Company