Re: More on KEKIdentifiers, and a suggested addition to CMS

1999-03-16 22:19:15
At 12:07 AM 3/17/99 -0500, Russ Housley wrote:
No.  The current document meets all of the original requirements.  We are
considering an enhancement that is beyond the original charter.

Russ

Thanks for the clarification.  As long as the enhancement to the protocol
doesn't "break" conformant implementations, I think that you and Paul are
right that the process won't be held up.  I thought that I read that an
extension mechanism was going to be put in between PS and DS that would
change the protocol in such a way that implementations that conformed to
the PS version of CMS might get confused by the DS version of the protocol.
 Obviously, this would be a bad thing.

Bruce
Bruce Greenblatt
bgreenblatt(_at_)directory-applications(_dot_)com
http://www.directory-applications.com