RE: cmsalg-02 RSA OID Proposal

2001-09-06 10:02:53

All,

I agree with Blake that the RSA signature OID change should not be made if
it will cause backwards compatibility problems with legacy CMS
implementations.  So far, we have heard that this change will NOT cause
problems for the following S/MIME implementations: cryptlib (according to
Peter Gutmann), Microsoft (according to Jim Schaad) and S/MIME Freeware
Library (according to John Pawling).  So far, nobody has reported that the
change will cause backwards compatibility problems with legacy CMS
implementations.  Can anybody speak for any other implementations?

John Pawling, John(_dot_)Pawling(_at_)GetronicsGov(_dot_)com
Getronics Government Solutions, LLC