AW: cmsalg-02 RSA OID Proposal

2001-09-13 00:10:46

Hello John,

Yes, I used SHA-1.

(unfortunately I received Terry Hayes´ message after I have posted
my mail to the list. Otherwise I would not have posted the message
since basically it has the same meaning)

Regards,
Dieter

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-smime(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org]Im Auftrag von Pawling,
John
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 12. September 2001 16:22
An: 'Dieter Bratko'; SMIME WG (E-mail)
Betreff: RE: cmsalg-02 RSA OID Proposal

Dieter,

Thank you for conducting these tests.  It is extremely useful information.
I have one question regarding your testing.  Did you use SHA-1 as the
message digest algorithm in the signed S/MIME message that you sent to
Netscape Messenger 4.7 that included the rsaEncryption OID in the signedData
signerInfo signatureAlgorithm field?

John Pawling, John(_dot_)Pawling(_at_)GetronicsGov(_dot_)com
Getronics Government Solutions, LLC