List of ESMTP extensions

1998-04-10 11:16:41
Greetings again. IMC is going to be putting up a list of known ESMTP
extensions, and I wanted to do a sanity check before I posted it on the Web
site. If you don't see one below for which there is an RFC or Internet
Draft, or see anything on the list below that isn't right, please let me
know. Thanks!

8BITMIME|RFC 1652|8-bit MIME messages
AUTH|draft-myers-smtp-auth|SMTP authentication
CAPABILITIES|draft-ietf-fax-smtp-capabilities|Finding out server capabilities
CHECKPOINT|RFC 1845|Restarting transmission
CHUNKING|RFC 1830|Large and binary messages
DSN|RFC 1891|Delivery status notifications
ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES|RFC 2034|Enhanced status codes
ETRN|RFC 1985|Starting remote message queue
EXPN|RFC 821|Expand address
HELP|RFC 821|Get help
PIPELINING|RFC 2197|Command pipelining
RELAY|draft-gellens-submit|Message submission
SAML|RFC 821|Send and mail
SEND|RFC 821|Send
SESSION|draft-ietf-fax-smtp-session|Immediate delivery of messages
SIZE|RFC 1870|Announce message size
SOML|RFC 821|Send or mail
STARTTLS|draft-hoffman-smtp-ssl|SMTP over TLS
TURN|RFC 821|Switch client and host

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium