RE: IANA SMTP registry

2001-06-28 16:44:00

At 3:35 PM -0700 6/28/01, Blake Ramsdell wrote:
I think that most of the comments that I've presented here are valid.  Who
maintains the document that I mentioned, and how does it go about being
updated?

IANA maintains it. Send a message to iana(_at_)iana(_dot_)org describing the problem and your proposed solution. You might want to mention that it has been discussed on this list.

I can certainly create a draft, as I've recently spent a lot of time
researching this.

No need to write a draft; it is an IANA registry.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium