RE: IANA SMTP registry

2001-06-28 20:16:37

So far, the only comment has been "the Sendmail extensions shouldn't be
listed", which makes it sound like I'm not completely nuts, so I'm going to
press on.

Your assessment of the situation was IMO correct.

I think that most of the comments that I've presented here are valid.  Who
maintains the document that I mentioned, and how does it go about being
updated?

This is already being taken care of. A number of changes, including but
not limited to the ones you pointed out, are in progress now.

I can certainly create a draft, as I've recently spent a lot of time
researching this.

There should be no need to do this.

                                Ned