Re: draft-murchison-lmtp-ignorequota-01

2001-08-30 10:37:29

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:34:52 EDT, Ken Murchison said:
What this really is is just a hack to get the "you're over quota, clean
your inbox" messaging into the mailbox, isn't it?

It could be used for this purpose, but that is not its sole purpose.
This can be used by an admin who wants to guarantee delivery of an
important message regardless of the state of the quota.

"over quota" doesn't do it for me as a purpose.  However, "dont bounce
this msg due to quota" *does* do it for me... ;)

(Now to go and read the draft and look for authentication/authorization
issues ;)

                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst
                                Virginia Tech