Re: [idn] Re: 7 bits forever!

2002-04-04 09:24:19

--On 2002-04-04 10.21 -0500 "David Leung (Neteka Inc.)"
<david(_at_)neteka(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Encoding is never the problem, but identifying the encoding is the
problem, so just like the encoding tagging in the other protocols, add
encoding tagging to DNS, or any required protocols that does not have it
nowadays.

First of all, sorry for not understanding your notation.

About the identification, that's why we have a prefix for the labels which
have ACE coded content. I.e. works with protocols (like DNS) which doesn't
have explicit tagging of charset.

So, what is it we do not agree on? :-)

   paf