Re: Last Call: 'ESMTP and LMTP Transmission Types Registration' to Proposed Standard (fwd)

2003-11-11 12:52:24

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 17:00, Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu wrote:
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:08:15 CST, Chris Newman
<Chris(_dot_)Newman(_at_)Sun(_dot_)COM>  said:
One suggestion I've had through private mail is to add explicit text
recommending the use of these transmission types in new email software.

Now *this* is a can of worms. ;)

I've suggested recommending the use of the new transmission type names
for updated products that *already* uses the mechanisms covered by the
draft. Something like "New and updated implementations SHOULD use the
new transmission type names when accepting mail via one of the described
transmission methods".

I don't think anyone is suggestion *this* draft is a proper place to
recommend the use of TLS and friends.

        Bob

--
--=[ B. Johannessen | bob(_at_)db(_dot_)org | http://db.org/ | +4797152009 ]=--