Re: Last Call: 'ESMTP and LMTP Transmission Types Registration' to Proposed Standard (fwd)

2003-11-13 08:35:30

I wonder if ESMTPA, ESMTPS, and ESMTPSA (and the same for LMTP) is the best way to go; I know we're restricted to an ATOM in 2821, but perhaps this could be relaxed either by allowing additional ATOMs for WITH or by adding a new OPT-INFO clause such as USING; either way we could indicate SMTPAUTH and STARTTLS using separate flags to make combining them easier (especially if something new comes along).
--
Randall Gellens
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------