Re: RFC 2821 Address Resolution

2004-01-04 23:35:56
On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 00:43:05 EST, Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu said:

But what do I know?  I once helped multihome a machine on Bitnet and Arpanet/
Milnet, and Bitnet was the larger network at the time.. ;)

OK.. I misread the table and my memory both.   When we first got on Bitnet in
1984, Milnet was ahead 1024-440, Bitnet took the lead during late 85 to early
86, and Milnet was again leading by 5K to 3K hosts when we multihomed that
Microvax in late 86. We were still a bitnet-only site during the period where
Bitnet was larger...

I suddenly feel old. :)