Re: Submitting new SMTP related RFC drafts

2004-01-12 19:20:09

--On Monday, 12 January, 2004 18:02 -0500 Hector Santos <winserver(_dot_)support(_at_)winserver(_dot_)com> wrote:

How about the current RFC 2821 document.  I have some concerns
and comments to make about it.  I don't wish to ruffle any
feathers, make enemies  and certainly, I don't wish to go over
stuff already covered or being handled by some group or
person, etc.  I would like to do this the "right way."

Suggestions fall into two categories...

(1) Substantive suggestions that actually impact how the protocol works. I.e., 2821 specifies that things should work in one way, you think they should work differently.

        Those suggestions should be sent to this list.

(2) Suggestions that do not have any protocol impact, but that are about textual errors or areas where the language could be made more clear or easy to understand.

        Send those suggestions directly to me, preferably at
        klensin+smtp(_at_)jck(_dot_)com

If you are in doubt as to whether a suggestion fits in the first or second categories, it is _much_ better to send it to the list.

regards,