Re: Submission and SMTP SRV records

2004-03-19 08:11:46

Lyndon Nerenberg writes:
But how does this handle the multiple-address case? Or even the DHCP-based DSL user?

Once the email address has been typed, nice sensible defaults appear in the rest of the dialog. The user may change settings at will, or just click OK.

I guess I'm not disagreeing that SRV won't help, but in a practical sense I'm not convinced it really solves much of a problem.

A few years ago I wrote a linux installer which generally supplied correct network details. People hardly ever needed to type in their netmask.

Was the need to type in a netmask a big problem? No way. Did people love it when the problem went away? Yes they did.

Arnt