Re: Submission and SMTP SRV records

2004-03-16 20:04:21

Do you wish to propose an alternative or do you wish cease this effort for
some other reason?

look, I'm not going to accept your proof by handwaving and I'm not going to follow your pointless diversions.

either you offer a convincing argument based on analysis for why your proposal results in a less complex world overall in the long term or as far as I'm concerned it's dead meat, and I'll do everything I can to defeat it and your shoddy engineering technique. we've had too many harebrained autoconfiguration schemes justified by handwaving - DHCP extensions, IPv4 linklocal, and mDNS come to mind immediately.

SRV might be just fine. but if you're too damned lazy to do the analysis then stop wasting our time.