Re: Submission and SMTP SRV records

2004-03-16 17:05:16

On 3/16/2004 5:27 PM, Pete Resnick wrote:

On 3/16/04 at 4:22 PM -0600, Eric A. Hall wrote:

See http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hall-email-srv-00.txt

Cool. Always good to read documents; I have to pay more attention. :-)
In there, you write:

b.  Extract the mail domain element from the user's email address, and
append the "_submission" and "_tcp" labels to the left of that domain
name.

Have any of the big ISPs deployed the appropriate records to try this
yet?

Some mail client devs have looked over the algorithm and otherwise
contributed but none of them have implemented it in a shipping product.
None of the email providers are publishing the RR either. Not to my
knowledge, anyway.