Re: (lack of) message header field ordering

2005-03-13 14:41:15

Hector,

Some of the issues here are connected to the reasoning behind
wanting a Message Submission protocol.  Those have been kicked
to death already; I don't want to go there again.

To identify intent, rather than specific text,

        No non-gateway MTA should be changing the order of
        message headers, or even reading and interpreting the
        headers it received, unless it is acting in a "gateway"
        role and, then, only if necessary.

I don't know how to be more clear about that.

More below.

--On Saturday, 12 March, 2005 19:20 -0500 Hector Santos