Re: (lack of) message header field ordering

2005-03-11 07:34:01

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Bruce Lilly wrote:
On Thu March 10 2005 13:21, Tony Finch wrote:

Good point. I need a word to describe the set of fields that are permitted
to appear at the start of the message header interleaved with the trace
fields. At the moment this is only Resent- fields, which is obviously not
enough.

Resent- fields are not required to be interleaved with other fields.

I'm talking about the following part of the syntax, which gives the
resent- fields a special status w.r.t. the trace fields, and does not
allow anyone to extend the message format with new header fields which
(like resent-*) appear amongst the Received: fields.

fields          =       *(trace
                          *(resent-date /
                           resent-from /
                           resent-sender /
                           resent-to /
                           resent-cc /
                           resent-bcc /
                           resent-msg-id))
                        *(orig-date /

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
ARDNAMURCHAN POINT TO CAPE WRATH INCLUDING THE OUTER HEBRIDES: NORTHWEST 5 TO