Re: SPF I-D for review: draft-schlitt-spf-classic-01.txt

2005-05-24 22:28:18

At 15:04 -0400 on 05/24/2005, Bruce Lilly wrote about Re: SPF I-D for review: draft-schlitt-spf-classic-01.txt:

I get:
gmx.de  text = "v=spf1 ip4:213.165.64.0/23 -all"

Is that supposed to be relevant to the point, which is that publication
of SPF records affect *all* parties associated with mailboxes using a
domain name (not just the registrant), and -- particularly among large
groups (tens of thousands, millions) -- one size doesn't fit all?  Can
you guarantee that no person who *receives* mail at a domain under
gmx.de will ever wish to *send* mail from a convention site kiosk, an
airport courtesy lounge, a restaurant or cafe, a public access point,
etc.?

The correct SMTP Server to inject the message via is one provided by gmx.de for the MSA function. IOW: Tell your MUA to connect to that Server and you are using an SPF Approved/Authorized Submission/Relaying Server. If you are not allowed to use that Server (due to SMTP Connection Hijacking on the part of the Connectivity Provider then you are out of luck - You should send from your Laptop via an Ethernet/WiFi connection).