Re: SPF I-D for review: draft-schlitt-spf-classic-01.txt

2005-05-25 09:34:40

wayne wrote:

| If domain owners choose to publish SPF records, it is
| RECOMMENDED that they end in "-all", or redirect to other
| records that do
[...]

would you then say that "domain owners can't end in -all"?
*sigh*.

How about adding "participating" to the statement in -01 ?  Or
just use the same "SPF-compliant" as in the first paragraph of
2.3:

- An SPF-compliant domain MUST publish a valid SPF record as
[...]
- It is RECOMMENDED that domains publish SPF records that end
[...]

+ An SPF-compliant domain publishes a valid SPF record as
[...]
+ It is RECOMMENDED that SPF-compliant domains publish SPF
+ records that end
[...]

Maybe add "owner" somehow, "the owner of an SPF-compliant" etc.

If Bruce has a problem with the term "domain owner", how about a
short definition in 1.3 termiology ?  You already have RfC 1983,
and 1983 has "Administrative Domain".  There should be better
sources for this term, RfC 1591 says "designated manager".  Bye