Re: SPF I-D for review: draft-schlitt-spf-classic-01.txt

2005-05-25 10:31:50

Frank Ellermann writes:
... this spammer failed to inform me why he started to abuse xyzzy.claranet.de resulting in 1000 backscatter mails per day for about six moths, and s/h/it also failed to inform me why s/h/it stopped.

Two other plausible reasons except from "got the SPF idea":

I've been the victim of major backscatter several times. Five or ten, perhaps more, I don't know any more. Once I got 30,000 bounces in just a few days. It usually went on for a while, then stopped suddenly.

I suspect that every few weeks, they just pick a new victim. Nothing to do with the victim's actions or inaction.

Arnt