Re: MTAMARK (was: SPF I-D for review: draft-schlitt-spf-classic-01.txt)

2005-05-30 20:36:29

At 22:40 +0200 on 05/30/2005, Markus Stumpf wrote about Re: MTAMARK (was: SPF I-D for review: draft-schlitt-spf-cla:

I have never seen a "legal" mailserver running on a dynamically changing,
DHCP provided IP address before.

I have. My Connectivity provider Optimum Online (OOL) [AKA Cablevision] offers "Business Class OOL" (BOOL) to Bussinesses at a higher price than "Residential" OOL. The only difference other than the cost is that a BOOL User is allowed to run SMTP/POP/IMAP Servers. The actual IPNs are DHCP Supplied and (apparently) come from the same pool as the OOL IPNs. I am not sure how the rDns is handled (ie: If the mapping is to a Name in the Business's Domain or not and if it gets updated when the IPN gets updated). I think that the Business still needs dynamic DNS updating when the IPN changes but that does not help the x.x.x.in-addr.arpa issue.