Certified Server Validation (was: "CSV" [not comma-separated values])

2005-05-27 19:07:32

ned+ietf-smtp(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:

Shutting down open relays forced a lot of people to change
their email practices. But does anyone still think keeping
them open was viable?

Dean Anderson.  One unnecessary statement about this issue in
an early SPF draft was removed, anybody is free to "permit"
the IPs of open relays in his sender policy.  And I guess that
open relays are also "compatible" with MTAMARK or CSV in some
way.  Maybe they could even get an IADB rating, "yes, I am an
open relay".  <shrug />
                       Bye, Frank