Re: request discussion of two documents on SMTP relaying

2005-06-18 14:32:42

Dave Crocker wrote:
I think we need a whole set of what I think
of as "operational recommendations for email" (ORE would be a good
acronym) to improve interoperability between mail clients and mail
networks, and also to improve security, make the mail system more

I entirely agree.

The way to achieve that is through incremental specification of best practises (or modified technical specifications).

If we require solving the entire set of problems before we publish any portion of the improvements, nothing will get published.

Agree. And I think the current bit of scope related to submission and relaying between mail networks is a good place to start.

Keith