Re: request discussion of two documents on SMTP relaying

2005-06-19 12:39:46

Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

I read a computer magazine called c't.

Oops, me too, less frequently now, because I'm not that
interested in Win-topics...

the degree to which it currently dominates surely is
connected to its _bad_ _bad_ security.

...their security update procedures are rather nice.

It all also depends on the users.  Today's users want
something working like a TV, "PnP", not a hobby where
a university degree helps to get started.

And to say something on topic, it's "our" job to give
them a really "simple mail transfer protocol".  It's
their right to think that a "mail header" is "black
magic", and to refuse to read tons of RfCs and FAQs.

If you're an "expert" asked about this, and you start
with "well, all of this forged anyway", you lose.  It
doesn't help if you then try to explain "bounces to",
IPs, or anonymous mail.  Bye, Frank