Re: Re Anonymous Final Destination and mail submission

2005-06-26 22:21:41
On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 22:22:06 EDT, Hector Santos said:

Its better to do:

HELO/MAIL FROM:<>/RCPT TO:<address>/RCPT TO: <random>/RSET

Woe unto the site where 'random' actually exists. ;)

though in my experience some servers will reject a RCPT TO (regardless of
the
address) if the MAIL FROM address was empty.

This has not been our product implementation experience in nearly 2 years in
the hands of customers world wide.  Thats not to say it has not happen but
to say.....

Anywhere from 2 to 10 percent of all mail that makes it into our Listserv server
and then bounces (usually due to a long-gone listname on some spammer's list)
is then rejected by the purported site:

<<< 553 You are not authorized to send mail as <>

126.com seems to be particularly flagrant at it. I need to check why I'm even
accepting mail from them at all.

Hint - if it wasn't common, would www.rfc-ignorant.org have a 'dsn' zone? ;)