Re: Re Anonymous Final Destination and mail submission

2005-06-27 05:47:14

From: <Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu>

Anywhere from 2 to 10 percent of all mail that makes it into
our Listserv server and then bounces (usually due to a
long-gone listname on some spammer's list)
is then rejected by the purported site:

 553 You are not authorized to send mail as <>

126.com seems to be particularly flagrant at it. I need to
check why I'm even accepting mail from them at all.

Ok, find out and let us know <g>

I don't think you can blame a "black box" return path validator, CBV or
otherwise, if the remote host is not compliant with RFC 2821 null-path
requirements.  If the host was a dedicated list server, the above should
serve as a good indication to kill or deactivate the list member address as
a bad address.

Hint - if it wasn't common, would www.rfc-ignorant.org have
a 'dsn' zone? ;)

I guess every social network has its kinks :-)

Anyway,  I'm hungry... Breakfast time. :-)

http://www.santronics.com