Re: Bounce/System Notification Address Verification

2005-06-28 07:26:43
On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:38:13 EDT, Hector Santos said:

Verizon.Net is a big ISP and they perform a CBV on every incoming
unauthorized transactions. But it does it immediately at MAIL FROM.  We wait
until RCPT TO is determined to reduce the overhead CBV need

Check out how Verizon.Net does using its MailPass server.

Please note that using the near-universally reviled Verizon method as
anything other than an example of how *not* to do it:

19:36:18 C: MAIL FROM:<antispam579542(_at_)west(_dot_)verizon(_dot_)net>

Now explain to me why I shouldn't do a CBV on this?