Re: Bounce/System Notification Address Verification

2005-06-28 08:23:16

If you are going to do selective quoting to nitpick and point out whatever
you want, without reading related comments in the message and/or other
thread fibers, then I will begin to ignore your replies.

http://www.santronics.com

----- Original Message -----
From: <Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu>
To: "Hector Santos" <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com>
Cc: <ietf-smtp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: Bounce/System Notification Address Verification

a) This is codified in a standard, where, exactly?

b) This provides spammers a easy way out by sending with MAIL
FROM:<postmaster...'

c) Wander over to www.rfc-ignorant.org and see all the sites that *don't*
properly support 'postmaster', so the assumption that "We won't check it
because
we "know" it's operational" is severely b0rked.