Re: spamops-04

2005-07-02 12:02:29

On Sat, 2005-07-02, Bruce Lilly wrote:

On Sat July 2 2005 09:23, Keith Moore wrote:

which essentially means "you MUST do this unless you have a
good reason to make an exception".

No. (sigh)  I wish people would stop trying to reinterpret BCP 14 (a.k.a.
RFC 2119).  The BCP 14 text is concise and clear.  Here in their entirety
are sections 1-6 of BCP 14:

3. SHOULD   This word, or the adjective "RECOMMENDED", mean that there
   carefully weighed before choosing a different course.

I'm sorry, but with careful reading, it seems to me that Keith's statement is
an accurate paraphrase. Could you expand on what you see as the difference?

--
Bill McQuillan <McQuilWP(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>