Re: spamops-04

2005-07-02 13:43:57

From: "Bill McQuillan" <McQuilWP(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>

I'm sorry, but with careful reading, it seems to me that Keith's
statement is an accurate paraphrase. Could you expand on what
you see as the difference?

I agree with both.

My input is the difference is the level of importance, i.e., "Security vs
Non Security" related feature.

If a "SHOULD" is used in Security related items, well, one can view that is
an highly encouraged item to implement.

For a non-security item, a SHOULD has less importance.

It can also have a "urgency" when or probably more "migration" factor as
well.

Overall I think the current concise language is necessary, but at times, the
specs have the missing the "importance and when" concepts one seeks to know
sometimes.

http://www.santronics.com