Re: spamops-04

2005-07-03 10:02:29

On Sun, 2005-07-03, Keith Moore wrote:

Keith said SHOULD means MUST ..., which is clearly not the case,
otherwise the separate terms wouldn't be defined in separate sections
with separate meanings and given separate conditions for use (in
section 6).

No, I didn't say "SHOULD means MUST", I said "MUST do this unless you
have a good reason to make an exception."  Which is a paraphrase of the
more carefully worded language in 2119.  Of course, the 2119 language is
more accurate than the paraphrase.

Perhaps changing the "MUST do this unless..." to "must do this unless..."
would avoid confusion about the strict meaning of the imperative MUST?

--
Bill McQuillan <McQuilWP(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>