Re: spamops-04

2005-07-02 12:56:41

Keith Moore wrote:

MAY
DISCOURAGED
STRONGLY DISCOURAGED
SHOULD NOT
MUST NOT

May favourite "STRONGLY DISCOURAGED" is in STD 11:

| Note:  THE USE OF DOMAIN-LITERALS IS STRONGLY DISCOURAGED.

Like SHOULD NOT today with a strong tendency towards MUST NOT.
ENCOURAGED / OUGHT could be clear, less than SHOULD.

USEFOR once tried an OUGHTificaction, the effect was hilarious.

I also think we'll need to find language that conveys a sense
of timeframe.  maybe IMMEDIATELY/ASAP/WHEN PRACTICABLE/BY
{date} ?

So far I thought that "by [date]" isn't allowed.  The others
are clear, but why as an upper-case keyword ?  The 2119-kewords
have sometimes strange effects, in my last "SHOULD NOT"-debate
others interpreted "SHOULD NOT" as "allowed" <shudder />  Bye