Re: Conflicting Enhanced Status Codes between RFC 4468 and draft-siemborski-rfc2554bis

2007-03-12 09:51:58

--On Monday, 12 March, 2007 16:22 +0000 Alexey Melnikov
<alexey(_dot_)melnikov(_at_)isode(_dot_)com> wrote:

Tony was quicker replying to this: there is no IANA registry
for Enhanced Status Codes.
Should there be one?

I think the fact that this has happened, even once, suggests
that the answer to that question is "yes" and "overdue".

If we are going to update the RFC, as his note suggests, then
that update should include such a registry.   And perhaps it is
easier to just write a document creating the registry,
"updating" the RFC to point to the registry as authoritative,
and use the RFC to initialize it.

Anyone want to volunteer for that?  The I-D should be short and
non-controversial, but I'd hope someone would sign up while it
is on our collective minds.    And it would be really nice to
reference the registry and registry-authorizing RFC from 2821bis.

    john