Re: Conflicting Enhanced Status Codes between RFC 4468 and draft-siemborski-rfc2554bis

2007-03-13 09:42:09

Frank Ellermann wrote:

Tony Hansen wrote:

I had a few minutes. See attached. Comments?
  o  IANA is directed to create the registry Mail Enhanced Status
     Codes.  In the terms of [5], values of Enhanced Status Codes
     must be registered with IANA under the IETF Consensus method.
Published RFC is IMO simpler, they can link to a RFC in the registry.
I agree.
I prefer a Standard Track or Experimental RFC.
[...]

Now 2554bis needs a normative reference to your draft,

It would depend on the order in which documents will be published.

and John proposed to obsolete the conflicting code by two new codes in your
draft.
I was expecting a table listing existing entries. This exercise would at least uncover other conflicts, if any. (I do volunteer for this part)