Re: RFC2821bis-01 Issue 3: EHLO parameter

2007-03-29 12:33:36

Hector Santos wrote:

at least 80% of all spams are primarily related to SMTP technical
violations in one way or another most systems are ignoring or not
enforcing - hence a major reason for the spam problem.

I'm not sure about "reason", the spammers could try to follow the
rules if it's in their "best interests" - like they apparently try
to stay away from forging FAIL protected envelope sender addresses.

    The EHLO command technical compliance includes one or more of
    the following considerations:

      - SHOULD: domain or IP syntax

+1, using 500, 501, or similar.

      - SHOULD: Connection IP matching domain IP literal
      - MAY: A/PTR IP matching.

Tricky.  Receivers MAY reject for any reasons, but any MAY is also
a "maybe not".  How about joining the two cases into a single MAY:

|       - MAY: A/PTR/literal IP matching.

Anyway, something like that is what I see will be beneficial.

Frank