Re: rfc2821bis-01 Issue 18: Usability of 1yz replies

2007-04-12 01:29:23

Hector Santos writes:
Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

Hector Santos writes:
The fact is, it hasn't shown to be a problem. Now is the time to make it OFFICIAL.

So write an internet-draft, get it published as proposed standard, and go on from there.

Hi Arnt,

Yes, I might just do that.

Good. I look forward to reading it.

But I ask, which at this point I fully realized it is merely rethorical:

Why waste the time when 1 or 2 "clarification" sentences of probably twenty words or less will accomplish the same and have a much more greater benefit to all and IMV, it would reside exactly where it belongs - the base protocol?

We are not going to see another 2821bis for a long time. The window of opportunity is now with 2821bis.

No, it isn't. 2821 was the window, and it closed long ago.

2821 is/was a proposed standard. 2821bis advances that to draft - it cannot add anything new.

Arnt