Re: rfc2821bis-01 Issue 18: Usability of 1yz replies

2007-04-11 09:45:11

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, David F. Skoll wrote:

Anyway, I read the source code to Sendmail 8.14.0.  It's not exactly
easy to follow, but this is what it does:  Sendmail uses the reply
code from the LAST line, but the text message from the FIRST line.

Oops, looks like I misread the code yesterday. Sendmail also saves the
first line in another buffer if its first character is 4. The buffer will
be left containing garbage if the server uses inconsistent reply codes
ending in 4yz, which I guess would cause Sendmail to log a bogus reason
for deferring the message.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
FAEROES SOUTHEAST ICELAND: SOUTHEAST VEERING SOUTHWEST 5 OR 6, BACKING SOUTH 7