Re: RFC2821bis-02 Issue 21: Re: Section 6.2 - favoring reject over bounce

2007-04-22 14:55:22

--On Sunday, 22 April, 2007 21:13 +0200 Frank Ellermann
<nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> wrote:

John C Klensin wrote:

Issue 21 assigned.

Fine, that could obsolete issue 0b and anything else related
to <http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/329.html#bounces>

I think this issue is not limited to section 6.2, it is THE
issue.

Whether it is "THE issue" or not, my reason for assigning issue
25 was to address the general topic.  As you say above, it isn't
just 6.2 -- there are issues wrt Security Considerations and
arguably the entire mail model buried in it.

Can we defer this until the ABNF is in good shape ?

Up to Tony.  My personal instinct is to get everything else
fixed and then go back and clean up the ABNF.   But I'm flexible
on that subject.

     john