Re: New issue (was Re: rfc2821bis-01 Issue 18: Usability of 1yz replies)

2007-04-23 11:42:30

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 06:18:15PM +0200, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

David F. Skoll writes:
(I'm not too sure what to do if an undefined code is received in
response to a RCPT command. It's clear to me that you don't want to
continue the SMTP transaction, but do you want to fail all the
recipients and generate a non-delivery notification?

The latter. Absolutely. The response is of a kind the client doesn't
know, so it has absolutely no basis for assuming that the error relates
only to this client.

+1

--
:: Jeff Macdonald | Principal Engineer, Messaging Technologies
:: e-Dialog | jmacdonald(_at_)e-dialog(_dot_)com