Re: Final draft: draft-crocker-email-arch

2007-05-07 09:07:12

John Leslie wrote:
] 3.3.2 ENVID

   This looks very interesting; but seems to fail to explain how it
might be set and/or read. Am I missing something?

Sorry.  Hadn't had my coffee yet, but now I think I understand.

Let's see:

From RFC3461:
4.4 The ENVID parameter to the ESMTP MAIL command

   The ENVID esmtp-keyword of the SMTP MAIL command is used to specify
   an "envelope identifier" to be transmitted along with the message and
   included in any DSNs issued for any of the recipients named in this
   SMTP transaction.  The purpose of the envelope identifier is to allow
   the sender of a message to identify the transaction for which the DSN
   was issued.

So I think that means that email-arch should show ENVID as being set by Source, yes?

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking