Re: acceptings partically a message (2)

2007-07-17 08:46:37

Dilyan Palauzov writes:
  Does anybody see any disadvantages of ending the session
with
  550 Mail rejected by mailing-list(_at_)example(_dot_)org
which implies, that the mail was accepted by all but mailing-list(_at_)example(_dot_)org?

The problem I see is that 550 does not imply "accepted" at all. 550 is not a partial success code.

How many evelopes I receive do have more than one recipient? Well, except the spam almost nothing. But imagine a mailing list that has 1000 subcribers.

Many/most biggish lists use a per-recipient footer, VERP, or both. I suspect that's the reason why you get almost no multi-recipient envelopes.

Arnt