Re: acceptings partically a message

2007-07-17 02:52:25

--On Tuesday, 17 July, 2007 11:30 +0200 Arnt Gulbrandsen
<arnt(_at_)oryx(_dot_)com> wrote:

John C Klensin writes:
Is there something I'm missing?

RFC3028 and friends. It's practical for each of spamtrap and
mailing-list to reject or accept based on the contents of the
message.

But that didn't seem to be the question, at least as I read it.
And the comment about the low likelihood of the putative spammer
asking for a proposed extension still stands.

My code to implement this does

     if all rejected
        answer "CR LF . CR LF" with 5xx
    else if all accepted
        2xx
    else
        2xx, and send a DSN with the exact details

The third case is very, very uncommon in practice, so I'm not
all that worried by its ill effects.

yep.  It is also no worse than "accept everything, send DSNs as
needed later" which, for better or worse, 2821 explicitly
contemplates.

    john