Re: acceptings partically a message

2007-07-16 22:39:32

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007, Dilyan Palauzov wrote:

My use case is, that I want to accept a message partially during the
SMTP dialog. Imagine one mail with two recipients,
spamtrap(_at_)example(_dot_)org
and mailing-list(_at_)example(_dot_)org is coming to my server. I do not want
accept the mail for mailing-list(_at_)example(_dot_)org, since later it will
be
bounced, may end in a spamtrap and my server will be blacklisted. At the
same time I want to accept the mail for (my) spamtrap(_at_)example(_dot_)org,
in
order to improve my spam filter.

See:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hall-prdr-00.txt

MAIL FROM: spammer(_at_)example(_dot_)com

Wrong syntax:
MAIL FROM:<spammer(_at_)example(_dot_)com>

RCPT TO: spamtrap(_at_)example(_dot_)org

Same here.

250 OK
RCPT TO: mailing-list(_at_)example(_dot_)org

and again.

451 Try again later

That's the current way to deal with the problem if PRDR isn't
supported.

[[2nd approach: reject after final dot]]
.
550 Mail rejected by mailing-list(_at_)example(_dot_)org

If you only want to train your spam filter, then you may as well
"cheat" and reject the mail at the end, but still feed it into your
filter (just makie sure not to generate a bounce).

Anyway, the right solution is PRDR. Help supporting it!