Re: Lists and aliases (Re: Last Call: draft-klensin-rfc2821bis (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) to Draft Standard (1))

2007-12-15 09:30:22

On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 07:22:44AM -0800, Dave Crocker wrote:

Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:
On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 09:59:39PM -0800, Dave Crocker wrote:
You are confusing delivery notices with post-delivery notices.
*iff* you consider the message not delivered when it arrives at the list
host.

For the scenario I described, the author cares about final delivery to
potential readers. So, from that participant's perspective, the mail is not
'delivered' when it arrives at the list processor.

Please see my other reply at 12:20 UTC today, which applies here as well.

regards,
Alex