Re: I-D Action:draft-klensin-rfc2821bis-10.txt

2008-04-25 13:20:51

Alessandro Vesely wrote:

RFC 5230 is an application of RFC 3834.  There is no reference
in 2821bis.  I recall that John discussed it with Keith, maybe
that should be fixed, adding an RFC 3834 reference in 4.5.5 (?)

I would not call that a "fix".

Forwarding mail from server scripts often results in messages
transferred with an empty MAIL FROM, RFCs notwithstanding.

Forwarders are unrelated to RFC 3834 "auto-replies" by mailbots,
compare <http://www.openspf.org/Frank_Ellermann/Auto-responders>

Some even hypothesize a BCP candidature for such "modernism"...

I have never heard of that idea, and don't think that it is good,
but of course adding "or BCP" to "standards-track" would be okay
in 4.5.5.

 Frank