Re: Proposal for Adjusted DATA Timeout

2008-05-26 01:53:58

I've had problems even at ten minutes. Two types of cases, both rare and easily ignorable.

1. Obscenities such as multimegabyte-long To fields. If each To address is processed somehow and the processing takes a 0.01 second, that's a limit of only 60,000 addresses in To.

2. Slow upstream connections from submitting MUAs that start the clock when they hand the last byte over to their TCP or SSL implementation.

I find it difficult to be very excited about either of these. Just another inept spammer, just another MUA bug. Shrug.

Arnt